WELCOME

...that appears to be random could in fact be influenced by certain events.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Experience

I've been in UNITEN for a little less than five months. That's almost one sixth of the time I'm expected to spend studying here. Another five sixth and I'll be "dead". I am, so to speak, a teenager of UNITEN. I'm in the rebellious stage, the I'm-not-satisfied-and-willing-to-disagree-all-the-time-with-the-management stage. Although unquestionably I haven't experience everything yet, I have gathered enough knowledge to know that I'm against some of the restrictions that being applied here.

I hate it when the guards stop me at the main gate because I didn't have a car sticker. I also hate it when the guard stop me at the college main entrance and asked me to display my student ID impolitely even when I already did. I even hate it that it's so hard to get in and out of the university compound after 12 a.m. Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasons behind all of it, but I can't help it. I'm a rebel. I have to say though, that the rule against bringing handphones into the examination hall is somewhat cruel. The whole point of having a portable phone is so that people can be reached at all time. In my opinion, the handphone-banning rule was made to allow the invigilator to stay incompetent and lazy. There's no need for the rule if the invigilator can keep a better watch, I'm just saying.

Other than hatred ad discomfort, I've gained some happiness. I do experienced a fair amount of acceptable "human contact". I'm shy in nature, or arrogant to some. It depends on the beholder. That being said, I was able to make few friends, each, who's comfortable with the way i am. Presumably. Then, there's my plausible CGPA and some other things. Yes, I've experience happiness, more or less.

In short, I've experience an equal amount of hatred and happiness for each day spent here. It's not pleasent, but at least it's far from being boring. Hope it'll be tilted a bit to the latter, for the rest of my stay.

p/s: I'm sorry, Sir. I'm quite positive that this is not your idea of KISS. I'm Hassanal Burhanuddin Bin Khalib.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...
    for me I did not know a lot of the rules in the hostel,so I can't comment much about the experience living in the uniten hostel...
    but by hearing from several of my friends and my experienced from 1 semester, I think some of the guards is too strict to the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first experience in UNITEN is the orientation day is so much relaxing from my previous collage. I am so shock when see different between my previous collage and UNITEN.

    ReplyDelete